Saturday, September 15, 2007

Sorry it’s been so long since my last update. We just finished our third week of the school year and things have been busy as usual. I finished radiation on August 20th with no problems. It was a piece of cake compared to chemo. Now I am back on chemo, this time with the drug Gemzar. We will be taking a scan in mid-October to see where I’m at from both the radiation and chemo. I’m tired (and a little sick) from the chemo, but so far I’m functioning just fine. This drug is given through IV once a week for three weeks with the fourth week off. It should not make me lose my hair, but there is the possibility of severe water retention. So far I have not experienced any of that, and hope that I will not. Your prayers continue to be a great help to me, so thank you from the bottom of my heart. God is walking with me every step of this long road, and I am doing just fine.

3 comments:

Monika Pittman said...

Hi Mrs. K! Melissa, Wong, and I are sitting here watching the emmys and we love you and love hearing about what is going on with you!!

Tom and Tammy Cortez said...

Thanks for keeping us updated. You and your family are in our prayers. Your strength and sense of humor must come from God Himself. You are a remarkable woman and we love you!

Unknown said...

As always Mrs K you are in my prayers. There is an angel watching over you. I know cuz she told me so. I luv you and miss you. Bohn