Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy Friday the 13th!

Hello everyone--
Well, as I write this, it is still Friday the 13th. I had a wonderful day as I proudly watched 35 of my seniors graduate. To my graduates, I was so proud of you and happy for you as you beautifully sang "You Raise Me Up" for your ceremony. Tonight you will soar as a Foothill Falcon should, but please visit often, as I will miss you.
This week I had my Thoracentisis, and after they realized I was going to freak out if they tried to stick me in the back with a needle without sedating me, and did it "MY WAY," it was a piece of cake. I've never been so happy to sleep through a procedure.
Today, about two hours before graduation, my doc's office called to give me the good news that the fluid they removed from my lung had been tested and came back negative. There was no cancer in that fluid--I Thank You God!
On Tuesday, June 24th, thanks to some amazing students, parents, community members, family & friends, I will be having my first PET scan in eight months. After that we will set the plan for the future. We're assuming it will be back to more Gemzar, but we have to get some PET results first.
I am blown away by the love, support and generosity you have shown me. I thank God for blessing me with all of you!

2 comments:

The C Pod Journey said...

Hi Ms. K,

Thank you for your post. I just got chills (the great kind!) as I read it... Things are looking so positive all around!! We continue to send positive energy and love to you, your family and your medical team and continue to hold you very thightly in our thoughts and prayers! We love you, Cie, Hans, Christina & Mark

Cindy said...

Hi Mrs. K,

We can't think of a better news to wake up to on a beautiful Saturday morning! We hope the PET scan results continue to provide such positive feedback. We are thinking of you and hoping that you have a fun filled and relaxing summer with your family and friends! Best to you always,
Cindy and Vicky