Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Hi everyone--
Well, I'm home. It was interesting. I went to the ER and my heart rate was 167. They kept giving me IV meds to bring it down, but it would only go down for a little while and then it would go back up. It stayed high all weekend. After two IVs gone bad (the meds leaked into my arms), both of my arms are red, swollen and extremely sore. My veins are shot from chemo. They did another echo and this time it showed my heart function was basically normal! They didn't know if things had changed or if the other echo I had at ValleyCare was just wrong. Finally yesterday morning (Monday) they put me under for a few minutes and shocked my heart back into a normal rhythm. Now I just need to keep it that way. They're calling it an "atrial flutter." I feel much better now, but still weak. I have the best of intentions to return to school tomorrow, but will see how I feel. After all, I still have Halloween candy to give out to my students!! I cannot get over all the wonderful emails you have sent. Please know that your prayers are getting me through all of this and I truly appreciate them!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mrs. K,

Glad you are home and feeling a little better!

Love you!!

Aunt Sue said...

JoAnn, You are in my daily prayers. I especially prayed for you yesterday, that your heart would go back to normal. Prayers answered! Keep up that positive attitude. Sue