Friday, December 5, 2008

Hi Everyone—
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! The surgeon evaluated my toe, and didn’t think amputation was necessary (talk about having something to be thankful for on Thanksgiving!) I had the pain block on Wed. The procedure definitely wasn’t fun, since the nurse missed (on his 3rd try) on my IV and I didn’t get any sedation drugs. So it looks like I’ll have to have another one or possibly two, since it hasn’t worked on my pain. The doc warned me that might be necessary. I see him a week from today. Meanwhile, the meds he gave me are at least getting me sleep during the night. I’ve started round 14 of Gemzar. Well, I hope this stuff is working, because now I’m starting to get neuropathy (numbness) in my fingers, lips and tip of the tongue. They haven’t said anything, but I think I’m going to have a scan after this round (end of the month). I’ll let you know when I get an actual date. Please keep up the prayers. I feel them and know they are working!

No comments: