Thursday, January 15, 2009

Wanna hear about my miracle?

Well, today I received the news about my CT scan. It shows that the spots on my lungs have basically had no change, but the main mass is completely UNDETECTABLE on the CT!! I am insisting on a PET to find out if there is still any activity in the spots on my lungs as well as getting info on the main mass. I can't get over this news. This really is what we've been hoping and praying for. I can't thank you all enough! Of course, until we get a PET and see what's going on there, we can't really be sure of anything. This is what they all thought could never happen. My nurse practitioner told me I had no idea what kind of miracle we were looking at, because it's already miraculous that I've been on this drug (Gemzar) all this time and it's still working. I guess that's not normally the case.
I thank you SO much for the love, support and prayers! I will update you again as soon as I know more.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

JoAnn,
I am so happy to read this news about your amazing progress. You have so many people whose lives you have touched and enriched. It is so wonderful that your life has been blessed with this miraculous news about your recovery. Please let us know how things progress but all of your many fans could not be happier about your recent blog update!!

Anonymous said...

Yayyy I'm so happy for you Mrs. K! Thanks for a great concert btw :]
<3 Grace

B A N said...

My dear JoAnn
This piece of great news thrilled me to bits! May your recovery continue at the same pace and your health bloom. Park Asdzo!
Love and big bachigner from your cousin from Australia