Friday, May 1, 2009

Well, I just realized I really haven't updated you in a while, and so much has happened. The bad news I shared in the last blog was actually incorrect. We thought the spots had grown, because San Ramon Regional was comparing the CT scan to the last scan THEY took back in November. They didn't know I had had a PET scan two months ago at another facility. There was actually not really any change from the PET two months ago to the CT at San Ramon. They had released me on Friday, I went back to school on Monday feeling fine, went to our competition on Saturday at Great America (and WON), and I've been working ever since. I was so proud of my students for getting the highest scores of the entire festival, including bands and orchestras. They also won the best overall choir, and the biggest trophy (for character ed, showing good sportsmanship). I could not be happier.
I had a follow-up with the pulmonologist and my lungs are clear and I'm doing great. I started a new (for me) chemo drug; Taxol. It is again a drug they use for many other types of cancer. I pray this one will get me to full remission. I will lose my hair again, and I've already been wearing my new wig--stop by and check it out if you get the chance! The new wig and the 52 pounds I've lost have made quite a difference in my outlook. Thank you so much for your love & support through your thoughts, prayers and emails. Please keep 'em coming...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Mrs K!!! I want to come see you soon! How do i do that? Do i have to call in advance and schedule it at the school to come see you on lunch or something?? Let me know!!! Would love to see you! Glad you are feeling better!!!

Lots of Love and Prayers ALWAYS!!

Renee

Cindy said...

JoAnn,
I was so happy to read this latest update on your health status. It was just full of good news. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and hoping that your positive news continues. Your wig is beautiful. You are such an inspiration to your students, family and many, many friends! Always, Cindy

Mary Prishtina said...

Hi Joanne

I am so haqppy to heear the good news. I will sned you invitation to the celebration at the ranch--Cancer Survivor party on May 31st--Free to freinds and family. This is soo fun. I'll attache an invite to your email!

Love and Hugs!

Mary