Thursday, July 16, 2009

Miraculous!

Well, I got my PET scan results, and it is a miracle! The decrease in size & especially cancerous activity is so significant that we are going to stop chemo! We will just have monthly checks for now. The miraculous thing is that usually I have PET scans in-between rounds of chemo, but in this case I have been off chemo for six weeks and we still had this significant decrease. Originally they always told me that even if we had a decrease, we would probably still go a few more rounds of chemo before we stopped. So I'm assuming that it must have been quite a bit for them to say we could stop for a while. Anyway, I'm very happy.
Also, thanks to my incredible aunt Ani, I am flying to southern California on Tuesday to get a second opinion on my cancer at City of Hope. It will be a day-long trip and then my long-awaited surgery for my voice is a week from tomorrow on Friday, July 24th! I'm counting down the days! Please keep me in your prayers, for the City of Hope visit to be helpful and the surgery on Friday to be successful. I am so thankful to God for this wonderful news & thankful to all of you for the prayers of support!

10 comments:

dp said...

JoAnn

What great news! You inspire many with your courage and strength. God has many plans for you. Excited to hear you will receive an opinion from City of Hope- world renowned! My prayers are with you this day and many days to come. May your family find some peace in receiving this news. Thank you for sharing this news with all of us. It is said in the book of Jeremiah, "for I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you."

Blessings. -David Faustina

Unknown said...

Great news! Amen! You are in our thoughts and prayers for your visit to City of Hope and for your surgery to regain your voice.
We've been in Boston for a few days and Sylvia pointed out places you visited last year w/ the choir. It's been fun!
much love,
Jane

Unknown said...

We are very happy to know the great news. You are always part of our prayers, and the Divine Light of God will iluminate you forever.
Your wonderful faith is an example for all of us.
Miguel Angel, Luisa, Ilva and our country, Colombia love you.

Judy Cordano said...

So happy to hear the amazing news! You are always in our thoughts and prayers. You continue to be an inspiration,

The Cordano Family

Unknown said...

yayyy mrs. k!!!

Married2MrWright said...

This is fantastic news! Miraculous indeed. I hope the positive trend continues in SoCal with your voice doctor. I am praying for you!

JoAnn Koobatian said...

I'm having troubles getting back to those of you that have commented. I thank you so much, though!!

The C Pod Journey said...

What awesome news!!! We are all dancing around the palm tree with joy knowing the miracles that are happening within you and by extension, within us... your miracles reaffirms everyone's faith. We will continue our thoughts and prayers, adding new prayers of gratitude for your renewed health and progress... know we love and admire you!! Cie, Hans, Christina and Mark

heartofmetal said...

Mrs. K,

thats absolutely great to hear:) You are so strong. I hope your voice surgery runs smooth.
Your in my prayers and thoughts.

Kirpa

Bieszczat Family said...

FANTASTIC AND WONDERFUL!!!Much success for this week!