Friday, June 24, 2011

Hi Everyone--
I haven't been feeling great and need some prayers. My red blood cell count and platelets took a dive, so I wasn't able to have chemo this week as planned. I had two transfusions Tues/Wed (2 units of blood and 1 unit of platelets). I also had two shots to help my body make more platelets. After the transfusion and the first shot, they only went up from 30,000 to 53,000 (still too low for chemo). I had a second shot today. The shot makes me short of breath.
On top of that I'm trying to start radiation for a spot that is on my diaphragm and causing some breathing issues and a ton of pain. We thought it was on my spine, but the radiation oncologist is saying it's on the diaphragm. Very confusing. Anyway, I've had extreme pain and very little sleep since December, and they can't even start my radiation until July 5th. After that it will take at least a month to start helping my pain, but they do think they can eventually get rid of it. I'm just feeling low right now--low energy and needing the support of your thoughts and prayers. I need those platelets back up so I can have treatment, especially since you'll remember my last scan showed a little progression. Thanks so much, in advance.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mrs K. :: I'M SENDING YOU ALL MY LOVE

I'm praying for you and hope everything goes as planned so that you feel better soon.

Kisses.

Love
Eva

The C Pod Journey said...

Ms. K - our love, positive energy and prayers surround you, more than ever!! Love, Cie and "The Kids"

Hratch said...

JoAnn, our prayers and thoughts are with you from far away London, for strength, energy and patience. Hratch

Andrew said...

JoAnn,
Many many love and prayers on the way. Praying that you can feel more comfortable so you can sleep and get some rest. Thinking of you and sending lots of positive thoughts your way from Portland Oregon. We miss you and love you!!!!
-Maya

Mrs. Raaker said...

JoAnn,

I am lifting you up on prayer. Sending you a big hug too!
Love,
Tami Raaker

Janice said...

Koobation, this is not the way to start the summer, so let's get started on the recovery. God has you in his hands, so we know that He will be walking with you during this trying time. We still haven't had coffee, so please call me when you feel up to it.
My prayers are always with you!!
Love, Janice

Unknown said...

Hi JoAnn,

Dad, Mom and I are praying for you and my Dad. Your a very posative person and I know yo will make it through this just fine.

I have a book that was given to me by a person who works in my office.

Its called Anatony of an Illness by Norman Cousins. Not sure if you have read it but if you havent let me know and I will give it to you after Dad reads it. Its a book about someone with cancer who fought it while always staying posative.

Talk yo you soon,

Love,

Your cousin Shahan

Sarah Strahl said...

Dearest JoAnn,
I've been wondering how you are. This is a trying time. Please know our prayers are with you every day.
God is All- Powerful and I know He will strengthen you and lift you up.
With deep love and big hugs,
Sarah and Glenn

Sarah Strahl said...

Dearest JoAnn,
I've been wondering how you are. This is a trying time. Please know our prayers are with you every day.
God is All- Powerful and I know He will strengthen you and lift you up.
With deep love and big hugs,
Sarah and Glenn