Saturday, December 30, 2006

Update: part 2

Well, yesterday was not fun. Why is it that I got an anesthesiologist for my five-minute surgery, but when I was in surgery of three hours I didn't get one? Whatever. I had three nurses trying six times in the same arm to get my IV running. They finally listened to me and tried my right arm and got it on the first try. And I say again--whatever. I was on that table in partial consciousness for three hours while they tried absolutely everything to pull that catheter out and they just couldn't get it out. Now it looks like major surgery with Dr. Dharan (whom I just love). I actually felt bad for this poor doctor because he and the two nurses came out with me just looking totally beat. I must say my poor wig wasn't doing so hot either--I had to make them stop while I fixed it up before we went back to my room :)
I'm hoping to get the surgery done next week during my second week of vacation because I don't want to take off any time from work away from my students that I love.
Please keep me in your prayers for complete healing, this next surgery and the mammo results I'm still waiting for! Thanks so much everyone!

3 comments:

Brierley Blogger said...

JoAnn,
You are a very strong and courageous person and I know you will get through all this. God bless you and your family.

Love Jill

Unknown said...

JoAnn my love,
You are always in my thoughts and I know you will pull through this too. Stay strong!

Blessings!
Shy

Kathy Hall said...

Your humor and spirit and outlook are amazing! Have you considered writing a book someday about your experiences? I think it would be a best seller.

Lauren forwards me all of your updates. Thank you for staying in touch.

Take care,
Kathy