Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Surgery #3

Well, I met with the surgeon, and rather than have surgery right away, he’d like me to try the same procedure one more time with another internal radiologist at John Muir. That outpatient procedure is scheduled for 6:30 am on Tuesday (Jan. 9) at John Muir Walnut Creek. Because of where the 6-inch catheter is lodged, IF they can’t get it out on Tuesday, it will be major surgery where they will have to go through the sternum and possibly even have to stop my heart to get this ridiculous thing out. IF I do have to have that surgery, they will also take out the mass at the same time, to make it worth everyone’s time. Obviously I’d rather not have major surgery, because I DON’T HAVE TIME! My oncologist would rather just watch the mass and IF it grows, we will do radiation at that time. I will just have to wait and see how it goes. Please keep me in your prayers for this procedure to go well and for continued healing. Thanks so much.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You are in our prayers. We love you Mrs. K.
Bohn, Linden and Linda

The Other JoAnn said...

Lord,

We ask that you make JoAnn totally aware of your love and omnipresence in her situation. Bless her and bring health and healing to every cell of her body. We ask this in Jesus' name and for His sake.

Amen

The C Pod Journey said...

Mrs. K, we continue to pray for you, your health and for clarity and wise choices to be a part of your medical team. We are excited to hear the positive news and we will concentrate our efforts, prayers and wishes of light and healing, divine guidance for all involved on Tuesday. May the procedure go flawlessly and smoothly and you be spared any major surgery unless it is for your greater benefit to have the mass removed....

We love you and bathe you in lights of health and love....

Cie, Hans and family

Anonymous said...

I feel as though everything that I am saying is a total repeat of the e-mails that came before, however, I have faith in your strength and know that you will pull through anything this world throws at you. You are constantly in my thoughts and always in my heart. I hope that if you end up having to get the operation that everything goes smoothly and correctly. I thank everyone who is working with you and may God guide their hands over my beloved choir teacher. I love with all of my heart and I can't wait to see you.

"Nothing is predestined: The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings."

Ralph Blum



Love Always,

the pain in the butt who sat in the front row....(duh...it's eva)