Sunday, August 17, 2008

Lucy! I'm hoooooomme!

Oh I can’t tell you how happy I am to be home. I had the surgery on Thursday afternoon and 800 ml of fluid was drained, and another 500 ml drained while I was in the hospital. I feel much better, I’m not out of breath, and the best part is I think the fluid is what was affecting my voice, because other than being sore/hoarse from the tubes, my voice almost sounds back to normal!! Yeah!!! I was up the next day walking the halls, amazing the nurses and just so excited to be walking with no troubles!
I did have a nightmarish first night, because I apparently stopped breathing for some reason when they were taking me out of the OR, so they had to bring me back in and put me on a ventilator. Staying that way for the entire night was pure torture—but it’s over now, and that’s all I care about. I just felt bad that my poor parents, husband and daughter had to see me laying there looking like a dead person and go home that night with that image in their heads. The fluid will be sent in for biopsy, but my surgeon said he didn’t think it looked like anything suspicious.
I will start round 11 of chemo on Thursday, and my doc wants to do two more rounds before we do another PET scan. Please do keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I truly appreciate all your love & support!

3 comments:

tine89 said...

thinking of you Ms. K! :-)

tine89 said...

btw, its Tine, the foreigner from Norway, if you wondered!

Unknown said...

Hi Mrs. K, it's Christina Montano- from way back in 2000 FHS. Missy just sent me the link to your blog, I had no idea what you've been going through. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.