Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Hi everyone--
I thought I'd just briefly update you. I saw my oncologist for the first time since my last chemo on June 4th. We are going to do CT scans every two months. Unfortunately, the first two month CT is already here, and I will be making an appointment for next week sometime. I say "unfortunately," because it's been so nice not to have to deal with chemo and to start feeling like my old self. I've loved being back at school with my wonderful students. I've had so much more energy! I started my pulmonary rehab class at Lifestyle Rx (it's basically an exercise class in the gym where they closely monitor me). It feels wonderful to exercise again. I am praying for the scan to have good news so I can stay off the dreaded chemo and out of the hospitals. As long as things go well, I will have monthly bloodwork, monthly checks with the oncologist and CT scans every two months. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers for clear news on the CT and bloodwork. I truly appreciate the support you all give me! Your prayers help so much!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

JoAnn,
We have your in our thoughts and prayers with regards to your upcoming CT Scan. We so hope that the results are positive and no futher chemo is needed at this time. The students at school are thrilled to have their choir teacher back full time!

Cindy, Isla and Vicky