Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Hi everyone--
Well the results came back this morning from my CT scan and unfortunately, the cancerous nodules in my lungs have begun to progress again. The good thing is the progression is minor (only a few millimeters) and it has not spread anywhere. We want to "nip it in the bud," so I will have a chemo teach for the drug Doxil on Friday, and will begin back on chemo next Thursday, the 24th. I have regained a lot of strength in the past three and a half months being off chemo, so hopefully things will go well on this drug, and maybe we can finally get me into full remission. I truly appreciate your thoughts and prayers. They are getting me through, so please keep them up :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey there,

Haven't said hello recently and just want you to know I'm still thinking of you and the challenges you are facing. I'm seeing Nancy and Caroline on Thursday, so I'm still in touch. As always, keep your spirit up.

Mark

Ilva said...

Dear Mrs. Koobatian,
Receive all our love and our healing energy; it is nice to know that you are ready to face this process again. We are always ready to pray for you and ready to give you our thoughts.
Best, Miguel, Luisa, Ilva and family

Brierley Blogger said...

HI JoAnn,
I am sorry to hear the news. I know what that feels like. But I also know that you are a positive and strong person and they WILL get it into remission soon. Hang in there. I am keeping you in my prayers daily. love Jill

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi Mrs K.,
Im sorry I have been so un-responsive. Life has just been so unreal lately. I miss you and I will keep you in my Prayers, as always of course.

Melissa Michaelis