Friday, October 29, 2010

Hello everyone--
Well I got good news today. My scan shows that basically everything except one of the nodules has continued to shrink in both size and activity! :) That one stubborn nodule has grown very little. So we are going to keep on this same chemo regimen and then they are going to refer me to a radiation oncologist to see if a new type of pinpointed radiation is an option to shrink or get rid of the one nodule. I have been through radiation before and it was nothing compared to chemo, so if it will help to get rid of the one nodule, then great.
In other news, I will be having a second procedure at Stanford on my vocal cord to see if we can get my voice back to normal. The surgery will be Monday, 11/22.
I thank you for all the support & prayers you've given me. Can you believe in about another week it will be five years since they originally diagnosed my cancer? I am truly blessed to still be walking among you, and I plan to continue doing just that!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Praise the Lord! So happy for the news, Betty

Unknown said...

Your tenacity continues to inspire. We will be keeping our fingers crossed and our prayers steady for your continued progress. Judy

Alex Kim said...

Glad to hear Mrs. K! Keep us updated. I'll try to visit one of these days and I'll definitely be at the concerts to see you and my sis.

-Alex Kim

Cindy said...

JoAnn,
We are so happy to hear the positive news from the recent test. You are amazing in terms of your attitude to win. We are thinking of you often and always hoping for the best. Vicky and Cindy

Leala Montes said...

Hi Mrs. Koobatian! I don't know if you remember me, but I was in your FHS choir back in '96 and '97. And Reflections in '97.(Leala Crowell. :D)I am so deeply saddened to find out about all you've been through! Although, you are one strong lady and I know you will get through this. You are my favorite teacher, and your amazing voice always inspired me. All my prayers, love, and good thoughts are being sent your way!