Saturday, February 19, 2011

Hi everyone--
It's been quite a while, and I wanted to update you. Since my last blog, I've done four more rounds of chemo, had radiation at the end of December, two blood transfusions and a platelet transfusion. All my levels are ok right now, but my doc decreased my last chemo dose because it has been too hard on my body. I've now had 9 rounds of Etoposide/Carboplatin. My scan will be on Monday, so we can see how I've done these past four months. I've had my times of weakness, but overall I've been ok. Now we'll see how I'm really doing when we get the results (probably around Wednesday). Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers for good results. No matter how strong my faith is, it's always hard to wait. I thank you so much for the love and support you continue to show me.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Mrs K- This is Michelle. Maddie McClays Mom. I have devoted most of my career to working with cancer patients. So, knowing (medically) what you are going thru and that you are still working is amazing!. Working in the oncology field was tough (emotionally) on the staff, but our patients truly inspired and humbled us. Now, I am going thru my own medical issues, and when I think I am having a bad day, I think of cancer patients (and you specifically) and realize that I am not enduring HALF of what you and every other cancer patient has to go through. It doesnt even compare! I will send a prayer up tonite.......

Jay D said...

Hi JoAnn,

Our thoughts are with you. We are amazed at what you do, in spite of your health challenges.

There are so many cures coming in, almost daily. Our prayer is that one of these will cure you completely, and very soon.

Best Regards
The Doraiswami's

Tami Raaker said...

JoAnn,

Thanks for keeping us updated. We will continue to pray! You are amazing! Stay strong! We are lifting you up with our thoughts and prayers.

Tami

Janice said...

You are truly amazing. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. Wednesday will be a good day. I can't wait to see the play in March. Love, Janice

Unknown said...

Hi Mrs. K - This is Mary, Mari Irby's mom. You must have an amazing amount of strength and faith. For you to be working during your treatments and to put on the performances you do is inspiring.

I will say a prayer for your continued strength and perseverance and positive results from Monday's scan.

God bless you!!