Thursday, February 24, 2011

Hi everyone--
Well, it is indeed wonderful news. No fun to wait, but worth the wait. The voicemail from my nurse practitioner said "this scan is better than we ever could have hoped for." Apparently, pretty much everything has shrunk in size and activity, and by quite a bit. My NP and doc keep saying "congrats," so that feels pretty good. My NP said to tell everyone that's been praying for me that it's definitely working! So we're pretty excited. I see the radiation oncologist on Wednesday to get an update on how well the radiation in December worked. The doc had decreased my last chemo dose, so we will stick with what is working & I will have round 10 on March 8th, the week before our production of The Sound of Music opens.
My thanks for the supportive emails, thoughts and prayers! Please, keep 'em coming!

11 comments:

Tami Raaker said...

Woohoo! Great news! Praise God! We will continue to pray for your strength and healing. I know it is a busy time with the play around the corner so don't over-do it. :) Praying for an extra dose of stamina and energy! Good luck with the show!

Tami Raaker

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

omg that is soooooo wonderful JoAnn-y!!! What a great day! luv you!!

Unknown said...

This is wonderful - I am so happy for you and hope that you continue to hear positive news. Looking forward to this year's production -and your continued recovery - congatulations to you!

Laura R. said...

Praise God! Sooo excited!

Jay D said...

I will add my congratulations! Pray for continued, full and rapid recovery.

Cindy said...

Jo Ann, I am so happy to read this news. You are clearly an inspiration with your positive attitude. Our chidren are so lucky to have you in their daily lives as we are too! Keep the great updates coming!

Unknown said...

Yahoo! Great news to hear. I love ya! XXOOOO

Unknown said...

Great News Jo Ann. Jody and I are very happy for you!!

Andrew said...

Wonderful News JoAnn!!! I have chills all over... So happy for you and your family!!! And best of luck with the musical - I SO wish we could see it :) Love and prayers still comin your way~ Oxoxox!
Maya

Unknown said...

Great news Mrs. K! Continue with the positive news! My prayers are with you!
-Urmi Bhatt