Friday, August 12, 2011

Well, I'm almost through with radiation (Tuesday) and I had my PET scan this morning. I should have the news Monday or Tuesday. We're praying for the best. It has been a tough summer, and I just got another two units of blood and a unit of platelets on Tuesday, so I'm hoping I'm good for a little while, since there are only two treatments left of radiation. It turned out that I had to do 10 treatments (not 5 like he originally said).
This week I will be having another type of scan that will tell us if my tumors are hormone-secreting or not. It will take most of Tuesday and Wednesday of this week, and I start back to work on Thursday. There went my summer! If the tumors are in fact hormone-secreting, there is a new treatment my doc would like to try that is NON-chemotherapy and NON-toxic to my body. I'm really praying this will happen. It will be so good for my body to get a break from chemo (especially if it works). Please keep me in your thoughts & prayers for good news on both scans. I truly thank all of you for your love, friendship & support! They mean so much to me!

2 comments:

Janice said...

You are always in my prayers!!

Dale and Shirley said...

Hi,
Just a note to say we are praying for you . Shirley is on her last, hopefully, round of chemo. She'll have a scan right after Labor Day and we pray it wil show no more cancer. She had a rest of two weeks from chemo and really felt good after that. We sure trust that that new treatment will work for you. God is so good.
Love dale and shirley