Monday, April 16, 2012

Hi Everyone--
It was great to go back to school today! Nothing could make me happier than to be with my students doing what I love to do. I feel much better. I am working on getting my heart stronger with the meds they have given me and trying to take it easy. My next echo is scheduled for the 26th, and I'll see the cardiologist to get the results on May 1st. Then we'll see if I'm at 50% and if I'm eligible to start the clinical trial at Stanford. Until then, we are going to redo that other scan to see if I can now be treated with that non-toxic treatment that we tried a while back. That scan is tomorrow and Wed.
The good news is that there was no permanent damage to my voice, but there is still swelling from the intubation tubes and I have to wait for it to heal. The tubes did move one of my vocal cords over a bit, but the doc feels once the swelling goes down it will all work out with no futher surgery. For now I just sound really weird. Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts & prayers. They really help!

5 comments:

Robin said...

Such good news-got you in my thoughts and prayers. Lots of light and love coming your way.
Big Hugs,
Robin

Unknown said...

Hey JoAnn,

My prayers are with you! Can you add my parents to this blog? They would love to see how your doing.

My dads email address is vavakian1934@yahoo.com and my moms is avasuz@yahoo.com.

Talk to you soon!

Love,

Shahan

Janice said...

Good news! Glad you are back to where you love being--teaching and serving as an inspiration! You are always in my prayers. Love you!!

Ani said...

Oh I am so glad that you are feeling better every day.
Lots of Love, batcheegs and prayers!
Love, (h)Ani

Jay D said...

Our prayers for your health, JoAnn
Jay