Friday, July 13, 2012

Hello everyone--
Well, I finally got a call from the oncologist's office today. Good news. This chemo that I have been on is working. Everything has decreased in cancerous activity. The size of the tumors remains the same, but they explained that they don't care about the tissue size if the activity is dying down. The spot on my liver that was noted on my last PET was not detectable in this scan! And there was no new growth! Good news all around! The thing is now I am in a difficult situation. This chemo I have been on has been wonderful. I have been tired, but other than that I haven't had most of the other side effects I usually get with chemo, and my hemoglobin and platelets have remained in tact. So my oncologist feels that if it's working after only two low-dose treatments, why abandon it for the clinical trial? They prefer that I stay on this treatment plan for now. I am going to talk with the docs at Stanford to get another opinion and then make the decision on what I will do from here. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I make this decision.

In the meantime, I was very fortunate to have a wonderful performance opportunity for my students on Wednesday night, as they sang back-up for Foreigner at Wente Vineyards, thanks to a radio contest on KKIQ. Here is the link if you're interested:
http://youtu.be/l2czyrG4J_g

13 comments:

Unknown said...

So wonderful to hear good news all around, J! <3

Unknown said...

Fabulous!
Prayer with wisdom and clarity and His Guidance to show you the way!

Steve said...

Great news and you HAVE to be proud of your students!!! :-)

Ani said...

Keep that good news coming!!! love you Jo
(H)ani

JV said...

You go girl! Always with you!

-JV

Parvin Ahmadi said...

Great news JoAnn. You will make the right decision. You're an inspiration to all!

Unknown said...

Glad to hear the great news Ms. K! You are blessed. We pray you continue to keep getting stronger.

Unknown said...

Glad to hear the great news Ms. K! You are blessed. We pray you continue to keep getting stronger.

Unknown said...

Glad to hear the great news Ms. K! You are blessed. We pray you continue to keep getting stronger.

Unknown said...

Glad to hear the great news Ms. K! You are blessed. We pray you continue to keep getting stronger.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Got back from LA to find your wonderful news. Yes, may you be guided to the best decision for your complete recovery!

With love and prayers,
Lucy and Chris