Thursday, September 5, 2013

Hi everyone--
Well, I'm beginning to feel like I'm on a roller coaster ride. Six weeks ago I had great news, and now it's gone the other way. The cancer is progressing again. Over the last eight years, there has been a spot on my liver and we just keep watch on it. This is the first time it has gotten bigger and now there is a second one. It was hard news to hear. I'm trying to keep positive--that's just a little harder now. I am out of the clinical trial, but I will still have an exit appointment next Thursday. The Stanford doc is going to a national meeting about my type of cancer (Thymic) with other oncologists in Washington DC tomorrow. She hopes to have some news of some new treatments then, but for now I am going back to my main oncologist. The two are supposed to connect before she leaves about what to do next. She listed four different chemo drugs she would recommend, and I've given the names to him. I have an appointment with him on Wed, and we will decide which chemo to go with next and move on it quickly.
My faith remains strong and it's wonderful to be blessed with such wonderful family, friends and students in my life every day, giving me support. Thank you so much. I'll update again next week.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so shocked and i feel like crying. I hope you feel better and i give you faith and love forever Mrs. K.

Love, Mackenzie Pinkney

Unknown said...

JoAnn, I have utmost faith in you, your physicians and God. I know that this is only another bump in the road. Hang in there- I'm still praying for you all the time.

Love, Lori

Barouir Ara said...

I'll keep praying for you, hokis. Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers every day.
Your faith has never wavered, so please continue to be positive.
May God bless you and your family.
Let's hope for better news next week!
All my love Barouir Ara

Anonymous said...

We will continue to pray for you and your doctors. I was surprised to hear your update since I thought all was going so well. Just brings tears to my eyes but have faith.

Anonymous said...

All my best to you and of course our family will continue to pray for you, your family, and your doctors.

Lucy Grace Yaldezian said...

Today's Word of the Day from Gratefulness.org was particularly beautiful and perfect to share with you, JoAnn:

Enveloped in Your Light, may I be a beacon to those in search of Light. Sheltered in Your Peace, may I offer shelter to those in need of peace. Embraced by Your Presence, so may I be present to others.
Rabbi Rami Shapiro

Ani said...

Trust in GOD Jo!! Love you and sending you lots of hugs.

Ani said...

Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death. ~Author Unknown

Love.
(h)Ani :)