Thursday, September 12, 2013

OK, so both of my oncologists talked and came up with a plan. The new drug still causes some nasty side effects, like the hand/foot/mouth sickness (for me that's horrible mouth sores and I feel like the bottom of my feet are sunburned and bruised) and fatigue, but the good thing is, it's not a toxic chemo. It sends messages to the tumors so they can't grow & multiply. It's also a pill, so I don't have to walk around for three days with an IV in my arm. I don't have much on details, but I feel good that both my regular oncologist and the Stanford oncologist agreed and chose this for me. Now I just pray the insurance will approve it and we could start as early as next week. It's good to know there are still options. Thank you all so much for the words of support, both on the blog and through email. It really helps to hear from you.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

you are in my thoughts and prayers, JoAnn.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barouir Ara said...

I'll keep praying, Jo, that the insurance approves this new treatment and that it works!
Keep on smiling, hokis!
We love you!
Mum and Stavrosjoin me in sending best wishes.
Barouir Ara

Unknown said...

JoJo....Keeping the faith...I am thankful for each and every small blessing each new chemo brings...Hold on to God's promises...He has already and is already at work in every detail of your life...Love you, Sez

Unknown said...

JoAnn,
Thanks for the update, you were on my mind this morning- you must be psychic on top of everything else!

Take care, I'm keeping up on prayers!

Hratch said...

JoAnn, lots of prayers and warmest wishes, thinking of you in far away Oxford, England. Lot's of bachigs. Hratch

Unknown said...

JoAnn - I just went back and read all of your blog posts since you began posting on 2006. I wanted to take in your entire journey. You have demonstrated such strength and courage and tenacity in the face of so many trials. I am in awe of your spirit and faith. I am praying for you, Amanda, Richard, and the rest of your family and friends - praying for comfort, strength and peace. Sending you much love...Diane

Ani said...

GOD IS WALKING WITH YOU EVERY STEP OF THE WAY. WE LOVE YOU