Saturday, March 21, 2009

Hello everyone--
Well, I'm home from the hospital. The surgeon was very pleased. It went very smoothly. The surgeon was wonderful. He said that with the toe gone, it should help to give my body's immune system a boost. I felt so blessed to have had my friend Tom watching over me (even though he was way too busy in OB that day).
I had to have my little mourning cry at 3:30 am when they changed the dressing and I had the first look at the foot without a big toe, but I got over it. It was nice to wake up with no pain, although the pain started in yesterday about 11:30 am. I'm dealing with it, and am sure it is going to get better and better each day. I have to heal so I can be well enough to take my 30 Chamber Singers to Disneyland April 3-5. I'm going to try to get back to school either Monday or Tuesday with my little scooter to move around the classroom. Amanda loves the scooter, and wants to have scooter races with me--well I'm not quite ready for that yet :) I also want to get in to see at least the second weekend of performances of our musical, Bye Bye Birdie.
I thank each and every one of you for the support, love and especially prayers, because I couldn't have asked for an easier experience, and I know that is what helped. Thanks also for all the encouraging emails!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad it went successfully! Love that you'll be back soon

Lots of <3,
Kay

The C Pod Journey said...

Hi Ms. K,

we were all thinking about you more than usual that Wed. surrounding you with love and prayers and warmth. Glad everything turned out so smoothly at the hospital! We admire you relentless courage and positive outlook and indomitable spirit!! Would love to help with more than "just" prayers.... So happy to know you're going back to school and will see Bye Bye Birdie this week! Check out the Pleasanton Weekly 3/20 edition - page 17 (I think)....

Love you - admire you - pray for you...
Cie and family
PS. Mark says "hi" - he was sure you did not recognize him last Tuesday. He's tall and covered in hair now...

Anonymous said...

mrs.K,
bye bye birdie is going very smoothly, and i am getting very good compliments. without your help, support, and determination, we couldnt have done it.
Thank you, and hope you feel better <3 Raghav

Nightbeliever85 said...

Mrs. K.

I am glad to hear the surgery went well. I've been praying over you often and asking many friends to pray for you as well. I'm sorry I haven't been in touch with you more during your fight. . .but honestly, it's been a bit scary for me knowing you are going through it all.
Remember how strong of a woman you are and you'll be able to get through it all amazingly!!!

Erin Cloak

nicole4531 said...

Ms. K,
Even though my mom Janice and me are here in UT we pray and keep you in our thoughts and prayers. I am glad things went successfully for you in surgery. I will have to come say hi when i visit Ptown in april. :) Glad to hear all is ok.
Much love
Cross family
Nicole and Janice

Unknown said...

If you need a larger space for racing Amanda, I'll be glad to let you use the recital room at the academy! :)
I'm glad it went smoothly and constantly keep you in my thoughts.

Cindy said...

We have been keeping you in our thoughts as you have continued to bravely face so many medical challenges. Your positive can do spirit will help with a speedy recovery. We hope the pain is OVER soon and hope to see you back at FHS!! Everyone misses you. Love to you always, The Binders (Cindy, Vicky and Isla)