Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hi Everyone--
Thank God I have good news to report on the PET scan. No new growth. The main tumor is still undetectable and in regression. The only very small bit of not-so-great news was that one of the two spots on my lung they have been tracking since the beginning had a very slight growth in size, BUT all of the spots are showing very little activity! The other spot remained the same, along with all the others. God is so good and I am so grateful!
I also met with the surgeon about my toe and liked him very much. We're trying to get a date on the calendar for the surgery. Of course it's difficult scheduling around my life with our musical opening in one week and a tour to Disneyland in three weeks. After the surgery is over, I will go back to meet with my oncologist to see about most likely restarting chemo with a different drug. If we do, I will lose my hair again. Oh well, not as scary this time--I love my wigs! Thank you all so much for your prayers. I really do feel them! I couldn't get through this without your amazing support.

5 comments:

Laura R. said...

You are incredible, Mrs. K! Your faith and strength are so beautiful. You are in my prayers always!

Unknown said...

My heart, my prayers, and my love is with you always.

Unknown said...

It's okay if your gone on Tuesday or Thursday since I can be the accompanist on those two days.

Unknown said...

Yay. I'm so glad you're doing fine. Remember we are always there for you and you are always in our prayers. (even if we don't show it).

Unknown said...

I love getting good news from you JoAnn...BRAVA!
ALWAYS you're in my thoughts.