Friday, April 9, 2010

Hi everyone--
Well, Richard came through his triple hernia surgery. This is his third time having hernia surgery, only this time he had three of them. It was a little more work than originally anticipated, but it went smoothly, and he's home recovering.

I just received the call from my doc saying that unfortunately there was again progression of all the nodules. The good news is there was no new growth (no spreading), thank God. We will be switching chemo drugs next week--this time it will be an oral chemo, rather than IV infusion, so I have no idea what to expect. This week off has been tough with all the tests, but it will be great to be back with my students next week. Please keep up your prayers. They really help to get me through. I truly appreciate all the emails of support you have sent. They feel like a great big "group hug."

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Mrs.Koobatian,
It is always nice to know about you. Receive our prayers full of love, faith, and care.
Happy Easter, Miguel, Luisa, Ilva and family

Calmadre said...

Rest assured, Jo Ann!

Brierley Blogger said...

Keep going strong. You are an amazing person and someone I'm fortunate to know.
JIll

Unknown said...

Mrs. K, you are truly inspiring! I pray for you often, and I'll be praying for your husband too. I just got through surgery on Friday, and it is no fun! I pray that God will bring healing to all of our fragile bodies. Much love, Laura